I love June! Not only is it the month summer officially starts but my birthday happens to be in June as well and it is the start of all the fun summer activities. DC really comes alive in the summer, from movies in park and on the mall, Jazz in the Sculpture Garden, kickball and more. The chances to be outside with friends are endless! No matter where you live, one of my favorite things to do in June is host a picnic. Just grab a cute picnic basket, a sweet summer dress and some amazing food and you have the perfect recipe for a great summer activity. Here is what is on my picnic wish list!
1. Vintage Inspired Metal Trunk: This is the perfect picnic trunk for any sweet outdoor activity, I am loving the sweet vintage look.
2. Avoca Milan Picnic Blanket: All the way from Ireland, Avoca is still a working woolen mill and they make beautiful things. All their blankets are soft and come in amazing colors.
3. Oh, Little Rabbit Cloth Napkins: These napkins are some of my favorite, not only are they sweetly designed but you can wash and re-use them.
4. Melamine Plates: These plates are the upgrade version of the age old plastic plates, you can find them in virtually every color and design and they won’t break! Great for any picnic.
5. Plastic Tumbler Glasses: I love these Fishnet inspired glasses from Target, they are plastic and great for outdoor eatings. They are also unbreakable, which if you are me, is a very good thing.
6. Flowery Summer Dress: No picnic would be complete without the perfect dress. This one from Ruche is my pick for this summer.
7. Cutensils: Enough said! These are a set of 16 fun mismatched spoons, knives, and forks. Your picnic guests will love them.
8. Arrow Bracelet: It get’s super sticky here in DC during the summer so having light jewelry is a plus. I have been wearing this bracelet almost everyday.
9. Badminton Salt and Pepper Shakers: I can’t get enough of these shakers. Fun and colorful, these shakers will be the life of your party.
10. Strappy Sandals: Seychelles makes some of the most comfortable shoes and these have a cute design on the back heel making them stand out from the rest of the summer sandals.
11. Bow earrings: Sweet, simple and cute as a button. Kate Spade makes some of the best stud earrings, and these bow ones are my summer wish list.
Go get picnic-ing! Enjoy the summer sun.