I can feel it. I can smell it and I can even start to see it. FALL. O man, who’s excited? This girl!
Last night I ate my first piece of pumpkin food. I had forgotten how good it tasted. That mix of sweet and rich deliciousness with cream cheese frosting and a dash on cinnamon on top. Yikes. It was scary how many of those cupcakes I could have eaten if there were more than one.
The leaves are starting to change here too. Our little park across the street is slowly turning from the lush green overgrowth, the the muted colors of red and yellow. I genuinely love Fall. Can’t get enough of it.
Growing up and living in Colorado, we didn’t really experience Fall, it was more like Pre-Winter. The leaves would change and fall off the trees in the same week and you didn’t get that crisp feeling in the air that lasted weeks. No, it was more like a week of fall and then the first dumping of snow. While we have lived here on the East Coast, I have becoming a Fall lover. So to celebrate the coming season, here is my wish list!
1. Blue Apron – If you haven’t heard of these amazing people before , you need to check them out. They are taking the country by storm. Perfect for any busy family wanting to eat healthy and natural while trying new recipes. Blue Apron delivers fresh ingredients and recipes for meals during the week. You can have them deliver every week or just the weeks you need a little extra help. It’s cheaper than eating out plus you don’t have to do the grocery shopping yourself. Andy and I are jazzed about trying them out. We will let you know more about it after we do!
2. Olive Box – For the paper lover in us all. Since starting my own paper design company, Emilie Marian Designs, I have fallen in love with all things paper again and again. Olive Box is a monthly subscription service that brings joy to you in the form of stationery, books, stickers and more. May Snail Mail never die!
3. Aztec Pillow – There is something so fun about these tribal prints. The colors in this pillow are perfect for Fall and makes me want to grab my favorite book, curl up on the couch and read all afternoon long.
5. The Civil Wars New Vinyl Album – Perfect for those rainy days or great music for while I am working. Their harmonies and haunting lyrics is what Fall should sound like.
6. Coral Herschel Back-Pack – I don’t know if it’s the sweet color or the fact that it’s a back-pack and I just love school time, but this bag is speaking some pretty strong sweet nothings in my ears.
7. Joules Ribboned Wellies – O mercy, If there were a pair of boots that were meant for rain puddles, it would be these! Ever since living in Ireland my senior year of College, I have had a love affair with rain boots, or wellies as they are called over there. The problem is, I just can’t find ones that measure up to these ladies. So this year, I hope to own some of my own. The rain in DC demands it!
8. The Cuckoo’s Calling – I love to read. You can see more of my favorite books here, and I do love J.K. Rowling so when I heard she wrote another book this time covered with a Pseudonym, it moved to the top of my list. There is nothing like a good mystery.
What is on your Fall Wish List?
Love and Hope, Em