When I say this recipe is so good, I mean SO GOOD! If you like juicy and tender steak with a citrus kick, then friends, you will want to try this.
This steak has a great tangy flavor with a little bit of spice and a great smokey addition (I’ll share my secret below) that gives it a Spanish tasting influence.
Ingredients for 2 Flank Steaks:
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Oranges (I choose Blood Oranges for their rich flavor)
- 4 Limes
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons of Crushed Red Peppers
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Smoke Paprika (my favorite new spice and secret)
- 1 Tablespoon of Ginger
And of course 2 Flank Steaks (I always make two because Andy eats thirds and then there is always some left for an amazing salad the next day).
2. Cut all fruit in half and squeeze juice into a bowl. Add the Apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and Italian Seasoning. Whisk together so that the oil, vinegar, and juices are mixed well.
3. Place the steaks in a plastic bag and pour the marinade over the steaks (I always double bag my marinades so that there is no chance for leaking).
4. Place the steaks in the fridge. Let the steaks marinade for at a least 24 hours! I actually like to let it marinade for about 72 hours to really get those flavors to soak in. Every day, I will actually flip the bag over in the fridge to let each steak get equal time in the marinade.
5. After it’s done marinating, you are set to grill. I like my steak medium rare so we grill so the inside is a warm pink. This is a thin steak so it can cook very fast. Just keep an eye on it.
Pick your favorite veggie and serve!